It is good to have a small home pharmacy if you need to take care of a wound or other ailments. Keep in mind that medicines do not last forever. Therefore, do not buy unnecessarily large quantities, and keep track of the best-before date. Remember that medicine must always be stored out-of-reach of children.
Pain, fever and cold
- Over-the-counter medicines, such as ibuprofen or paracetamol. (It may be a good idea to have these medicines in liquid form or suppositories if you have children).
- Fever thermometer
- Nasal spray or nasal drops
- Tape for attaching compresses
- Wound tape to seal small open wounds
- Elastic bandage to wrap sprains, for example
Insect bites and sunburn
- Cooling balm
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Rubbing alcohol
- Numbing cream
Ticks and stings
- Fluid replacement
The information comes from the Medical Products Agency and 1177.se.